NOTE Quaker Voluntary Action (QVA) has partnered with Bamford Quaker Community for several years in offering this retreat. Participants work on our community land, and we provide the accommodation and food. Please book this retreat through QVA – for their contact details and website see below.
These are the QVA details for this event:
“This retreat offers
an opportunity to combine practical work with time for spiritual reflection, enjoyment and fellowship. We shall be staying at the Quaker Community in the English Peak District. Work in the extensive grounds will include gardening and the annual meadow mow. There will be outing options to explore the beautiful environment of the surrounding area.
Our theme for reflection
will focus on how all our life experiences can be seen in the light of an on-going spiritual quest for truth and transformation. We will draw on inspirational texts and other resources, sharing what we have discovered so far on our journeys. There will be an opportunity to look afresh at Early Friends testimony to truth of the heart and our current dilemmas around living sustainably, with integrity and open to transformational grace.
The event is open to Friends and those in sympathy with Friends or who wish to learn more about the Quaker way.”
- Each day has a balance of practical work, reflection sessions, social time, shared meals and some free time
- There are Meetings for Worship each morning and the evenings close with a gathered Epilogue
- Food is vegetarian and cooked communally
- Accommodation is in simple, single and twin rooms with shared bathroom facilities
- Work activities vary to suit abilities and ages 18 to 80+
- The facilitator is Linda Southwick
There are 12 places and the cost of the retreat is £170
FOR BOOKINGS OR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT
Swarthmoor Lane, Ulverston Cumbria LA12 0JQ
Tel: 07530 844611