This retreat is an opportunity to combine practical work on the land with time for spiritual reflection, learning and fellowship.
The Quaker Community in Derbyshire welcomes QVA “regulars” and others for seasonal tasks in their 11 acres managed for sustainability. We’ll be preparing the ground, sowing seeds and planting out and there will be plenty of opportunities for walking or cycling in the stunning surrounding Peak District.
Our theme for reflection focuses on prayer – individually and in unity with others. Whatever form our faith may take, we are free to pray in a way that is true for us. Drawing on inspirational texts, other resources and our own stories, we can share what we have discovered so far on our journeys. There will be opportunities to explore our joys, challenges, dilemmas and hopes, through creative prayer.
- The event is open to Friends and those in sympathy with Friends or who wish to learn more about the Quaker way.
- Each day has a balance of practical work, reflection sessions, social time, shared meals and some free time
- There are half hour Meetings for Worship each morning and the evenings close with a gathered Epilogue
- Food is vegetarian and volunteers help with cooking
- Accommodation is in single or twin rooms
- Work activities vary to suit abilities and ages 18 to 80+
- The facilitators are Linda Southwick and Zee Zee Heine
- The cost is £150
For further details or for a booking form contact us.
Or you can download a booking form here
All our retreats take place at the Community. The cooking is vegetarian – for more about this see here. For details about the accommodation see here. We are very fortunate indeed to enjoy a beautiful location – see here (one day we will set up a slide show . . . or maybe not, it might spoil the surprise.